Layered North Star Bullet Necklace
Recycling Can Be Beautiful
This statement recycled bomb and bullet necklace is the perfect mix of edgy and delicate. It features two layered chains adorned with a bullet fragment and a north star pendant.Description:
- Handcrafted Cambodian jewelry.
- Artisan Profile: This recycled bombshell and bullet jewelry are made by home-based ironwork artisans, living in an underprivileged community surrounding Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Bomb casings are left over from Cambodia's wartime three decades ago. Ironwork artisans skillfully mold bomb shells into beautiful jewelry pieces, introducing a small income to underprivileged communities. While Cambodia has enjoyed years of peace and development since the war and atrocities of the brutal Khmer Rouge regime, today 30% of the population still live below the poverty line (on less than $1.25 per day). By purchasing these bombshell products, you are helping to create Fair Trade jobs for disadvantaged Cambodians with high levels of unemployment. Artisans are paid fairly and equitably for their skillful work, which keeps families together with food on their table. A liveable and reliable income is especially important for women as it allows them to raise healthy babies and children and provide for their future. The designs use inspiration from Cambodia 's rich tapestry, restoring and preserving many traditional Cambodian skills.
- Ethical product handmade of recycled materials.
- Unique design.
- Material: recycled brass bombshell & bullet fragments and a gold plated chain.
- Size: 15.5"/ 40cm long.
- As with all handcrafted goods, there are slight variations making each piece a work of art and truly one of a kind.